San Jose, CA 94088 US
Job Type Full-time 40 hours a week, day time hours (8 hour shifts Monday - Friday)
Location: East Bay area
Title: Equipment Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Maintenance Technician is required to perform tasks involved in the upkeep of the building and grounds, installation, maintenance, maintaining and repairing of hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, mechanical, and electrical systems on all production machines, equipment and building. May be required to perform inventory of maintenance parts & supplies and interact with suppliers and internal department personnel. The incumbent is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time, work independently and follow Altor Solutions’ standards for safety and conduct.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Maintenance Technician I – Employees at this level are expected to have developed a trade of expertise and have the ability to work independently in the performance of standard maintenance and repairs.
The following list of major duties represents a composite list of typical duties performed by individuals in this position.
Specific duties performed by the incumbent will vary depending upon the facility and/or department within the Company.
- Responsible for general maintenance duties on building and machines; performs preventative maintenance on plant machines, including forklifts.
- Performs minor electrical work not requiring a licensed electrician such as replacing light bulbs and fuses; assists in minor carpentry and repair work. If licensed, maintains and makes routine repairs to electrically powered equipment and appliances according to instruction from senior technicians, supervisor and/or equipment service manuals.
- Assists with servicing and replacing minor plumbing fixtures.
- Maintain machinery, equipment and tools by cleaning, lubricating, greasing and/or oiling to ensure optimum working order.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Applies paint, varnish, and stain to all types of surfaces to protect and beautify surfaces using appropriate tools and equipment.
- Responsible for setting up, removing and storage of production molds in accordance with documented procedures.
- Maintain usable fill guns and ejectors through bench testing, cleaning, rebuilding, and inspecting.
- Water treatment: collect, test and report water samples for hardness, pH and etc. at various stages throughout the process
- Responsible for following Plant specified job specification, task list and completion of all requirement paperwork.
- Responsible for conducting him/herself in a safe manner and adhering to all required safety protocols and policies, including lockout/tagout.
- Required to wear PPE properly in accordance with company standards.
- Keep the area around your workstation clean and free from dirt and debris; this may include cleaning assigned areas of the building or pieces of equipment as instructed by your supervisor.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts, including working overtime and attending after hour meetings as needed.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma / GED
- Three years of related experience with environmental testing chambers or HVAC or cold storage units
- Associates Degree or technical certificate preferred
- EPA 608 Universal license required (however Hire Up will assist in the reimbursement of obtaining it prior to hire)
Additional Work Experience
- Experience monitoring and maintaining with low pressure boilers, air compressors, air driers, and vacuum pumps.
- Experience maintaining forklifts
- Proficient in reading schematics to trouble shoot hydraulic / pneumatic and electrical issues.
- Plant will provide required tools necessary to perform all functions of the job/position, but candidate can use their personal tools is reviewed and approved by plant management.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must frequently lift and carry up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and required to reach with hands and arms and stoop/crouch, bend or twist. The employee is occasionally required to push, pull, and/or move material and work in awkward positions, such as underneath equipment, or working around machines in operations area.
The work environment is typical of most manufacturing environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually high with ear protection required as posted. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to a particular position. This document in no way states or implies that this is as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required and personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from, any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30- 43 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Rebecca Kirkman is the President and founder of Hire Up Staffing and Hire Up Healthcare. She works hard daily to support our teams with the necessary training and vision in order to elevate our company to being an industry leader for staffing. What people don't know is she started the company when she was 28 years old, with already 5 years of successful staffing experience with a major name in the industry. She has helped countless people and has a true knack for intuitively being able to match people with their best path, whether it be a new job or considering to add to your team. She teaches the team those strategies and pushes everyone to get out of their comfort zone and elevate the way that they think so that they too can reach higher boundaries, then push past those as well!