11343 Los Osos Valley Rd San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 US
Hire Up Staffing is seeking a Maintenance Technician for our client in the San Luis Obispo area. The starting pay is $16-$19/hour DOE. This is a temp to hire opportunity with the possibility of being converted permanently. Once converted company offers benefits such as dental insurance, health insurance, life insurance, and vision.
Job Summary: The Maintenance Tech will perform routine and preventative maintenance for 146 unit apartment complex. A variety of skilled duties useful in one or more of the building trades such as plumbing, drywall and painting, minor carpentry or minor electrical, for the purpose of maintaining and repairing the project.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- General maintenance of rental units
- Cleaning and painting, operating power and hand tools
- Basic plumbing, electrical and construction work
- May do semi-skilled repair work on rental units
- Operate and repair power machinery
- Keep all equipment in good repair
- Maintain grounds, including mowing, spraying, fertilizing and chemical weed control
- High school education or equivalent: (Preferred)
- Valid CA driver’s license
- 2 years' experience of related employment in the building maintenance field or certified related training
- Ability to pass a drug and background check
- Ability to to lift up to 50lbs
- Bilingual in Spanish a PLUS
If interested and meet the qualifications, apply online at hireupss.com!
Meet Gabriela, your Recruiting Manager in the Visalia branch. Before making her way to Hire Up, Gabriela worked as a Legal Assistant for the disability office with the Social Security Administration and the IRS. She has experience with customer service working as a Front Desk Supervisor, and has banking experience. One work-related accomplishment that Gabriela is proud of was when she was invited to be part of an interview panel to determine the best Spanish-speaking candidate and interview them. The best part is that the candidate she chose was the person hired for the position. Gabriela is excited to work at Hire Up Staffing because recruiting is a brand new field in her career. She believes Hire Up will teach her how to sell and recruit, which is very important for Gabriela’s future goals. You can find Gabriela enjoying physical activities like hiking, biking, and weight training outside of the office. She likes to cook, sing, and is currently learning to play the piano.