Manufacturing Planning Manager
12002 West Little York Houston, TX 77041 US
JOB ROLE: Provide leadership to planning teams within the manufacturing facilities. Assess site capacity, develop achievable schedules, and influence the execution of the plan.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of staff including training, employee development, performance evaluation, hiring decisions, and the establishment of goals and performance objectives for assigned department.
- Provide continual evaluation of department processes, methods, and activities to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Manage budget and expenditures.
- Work with team to support customer demand, forecasts, and corporate inventory targets.
- Build achievable plans for execution, achieve plan consensus with site teams, identify constraints, and propose solutions that meet or exceed our on-time requirements.
- Oversee the review of purchases orders per the system demand, manage the system recommended messages, as well as maintain work order dates that adhere to the metrics for the organization.
- Identify gaps in planning systems and work with relevant departments to resolve those issues.
- Develop a close loop process that proactively communicates anticipated late deliveries for all customer orders per management guidelines.
- Identify safety stock and forecast issues (too much or too little) and provide that feedback to the demand management analyst.
- Create documentation and training materials for all planning and scheduling processes.
- Ensure system data is continuously updated with accurate lead times.
- Ensure that planners keep the system data up-to-date with safety stock levels, order minimums, order multiples and work order due dates (in-house as well as at outside vendors).
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work with Scheduling systems (e.g. JDA Factory Scheduler ) to synchronize the needs of the Operations? priorities with the actions of the supply chain department
- Cross functional team collaboration with Engineering, Procurement and Mfg. to execute on the materials strategy for working capital goals
- Have a working understanding of Oracle EBS Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and ASCP system in order to be able to review supply demand data and other attributes related to product
- Drive standardization throughout plant by use of core competency teams, benchmarking, process standards and equipment checklists manufacture.
- Review order booking trends, drive revenue generating activities and collaborating with IBP on forecasting right product mix for increased market share.
Staffing Account Manager
Meet Wendy, our Staffing Account Manager on the Central CA team! Wendy is a University of Phoenix grad and has over 10 years of recruiting experience. Prior to working at Hire Up, Wendy worked in healthcare recruiting in various positions. One of her greatest accomplishments in her career has been placing top 10 in recruiting nationwide. Her current career goal is to find a workplace to call home and she knows she’s going to find that at Hire Up! Wendy loves working at Hire Up because of the culture and ethics and because she is excited to learn and grow. When she is not in the office you can find her cooking, lounging by the pool, or binge-watching her favorite shows.