Poway, CA 92064 US
Under direct supervision handles and maintains the flow of materials and products on the premises according to established guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Physically handles materials used to construct components and finished products to ensure movement of such items is optimized; lifts, carries, stacks items as needed.
- Operates motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment, some of which may require specialized training.
- Responds attentively to training from foreman or more senior handlers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED). This is an entry level position where incumbent will receive on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of and ability to use motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing materials handling tasks
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
- May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
Meet Agata, Recruiting Manager in San Diego! Her passion for connecting talented individuals with the right opportunities has driven her successful career in the field. With over six years of experience, Agata's expertise shines through her diverse background. She initially started as a recruiter in a staffing firm, where she quickly proved her abilities and climbed the ladder to assume the role of Account Relationship Manager. This progression showcased her exceptional talent for building strong client relationships and delivering exceptional results. Before entering the recruitment world, Agata also gained valuable experience in the property management industry, further enhancing her understanding of various business sectors. One of Agata's notable professional achievements is her consistent ability to hit her goals during her time with her previous organization. Agata is thrilled to be a part of Hire Up, where she can contribute to the success of the San Diego office and nurture it from its inception. She is beyond ecstatic to be involved in the entire process and firmly believes that the team will excel under her guidance and expertise. Agata's professional goal is to continue pushing boundaries and surpassing expectations as she strives for excellence in her recruiting career.