1100 Union Ave Bakersfield, CA 93307 US
The Program Director is responsible for the coordination, development, and management of all activities of the Male Community Re-Entry Program (MCRP) while supervising all facility staff and providing services to residents.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of program services and activities ensuring compliance with CDCR's administrative and fiscal regulations in accordance with agreement provisions.
- Development of program activities and program policy and procedures in compliance with funding contract requirements.
- Determine staff assignments and coordinate program functions.
- Obtain written agreements with agencies which provide referral and ancillary services.
- Responsible for the personnel evaluation consistent with the agency's guidelines making recommendations for advancement, special adjustments, and disciplinary actions in appropriate cases.
- Assure all facility staff are oriented to the personnel policies and follow them.
- Monitor and comply with program budget and expenses
- Produce monthly reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 year degree in social science or related field and (2) years working experience with criminal justice population in substance use disorder program. Additional experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis; Or possess six cumulative years of full-time administrative experience with the criminal justice population in substance use disorder setting.
- Ability to supervise staff and work effectively with justice involved individuals.
- Certified training in emergency first aid and CPR: Preferred
- Knowledge of evidence-base programs and Cognitive Behavioral Theories.
- Ability to operate within Automated Reentry Management System (ARMS) system.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Office 365, QuickBooks, Teams, Zoom, and other communication/meeting platforms.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass a criminal background.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
- Must maintain good relationships with current, future, and past employees, co-workers, vendors, third party administrators.
If interested and meet the qualifications, please apply online at www.hireupss.com
Meet Gabriela, your Recruiting Manager in the Visalia branch. Before making her way to Hire Up, Gabriela worked as a Legal Assistant for the disability office with the Social Security Administration and the IRS. She has experience with customer service working as a Front Desk Supervisor, and has banking experience. One work-related accomplishment that Gabriela is proud of was when she was invited to be part of an interview panel to determine the best Spanish-speaking candidate and interview them. The best part is that the candidate she chose was the person hired for the position. Gabriela is excited to work at Hire Up Staffing because recruiting is a brand new field in her career. She believes Hire Up will teach her how to sell and recruit, which is very important for Gabriela’s future goals. You can find Gabriela enjoying physical activities like hiking, biking, and weight training outside of the office. She likes to cook, sing, and is currently learning to play the piano.