560 Mission Street Suite 1900 , Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success. Candidates should be based in the Pacific Time Zone and be willing to work standard Pacific Time business hours.
The Research Analyst will join our national team, working under the Director of Research Services. Responsibilities include supporting the legal and business research needs of attorneys and staff, as well as training and instruction of efficient research techniques. The Research Analyst will answer questions through the firm’s request management software, working independently and collaboratively to ensure timely and high-quality research output. The Research Analyst will have opportunities to contribute to the development or curation of the team’s intranet, monthly research newsletter, information offerings, or knowledge management initiatives as needs and professional interests align.
- Work as part of a team to perform a wide variety of legal and non-legal research projects for lawyers, clients, and staff in multiple offices.
- Explain and assist in the use of databases and print material.
- Create and curate current awareness alerts and newsletters for attorneys and staff.
- Assist with business development efforts, including ongoing litigation alerting and complaint pulls.
- Assist with ongoing tracking of legislative, regulatory, and local government updates.
- Act as research liaison to assigned practice group and teams, including attending meetings and reporting back on information and training needs.
- Work with Library Technical Services team for requests requiring new access to digital subscriptions or updated credentials.
- Assist in updating and maintaining open-source electronic resource management solution housing current resource and vendor information.
- Thoughtfully suggest ideas for processes or workflow improvement as recognized in the course of daily work.
- Record and report research projects and time spent utilizing firm billing software and reference request database.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of legal research experience required, preferably in a law firm setting.
- Strong MS Office Skills
- Fundamental understanding of legal concepts, as well as legal industry and current trends
- Legal research and database skills, including proficiency with Lexis, Westlaw, Lex Machina, Bloomberg, Lexis Securities Mosaic, Cheetah, Checkpoint, S&P Capital IQ, HeinOnline, and others.
- Ability to adapt and apply new technologies and workflows.
- Commitment to strong service values with an ability to exhibit sound professional judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Basic troubleshooting skills with common IT issues involving access to databases and online content.
- Team-focused yet independently motivated for the good of the team and firm.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Active involvement in relevant professional organizations
- Commitment to innovation, creative thinking, and professional growth
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited school
This position may be filled in New York, Colorado, or California following the applicable state regulations:
- New York State: $67,800 - $122,000/yr
- New York City: $81,300 - $122,000/yr
- Colorado: $79,100 - $106,700/yr
- California: $77,900 - $127,100/yr
These ranges are specific to these locations and may not apply to other locations. An individual's actual compensation will depend on the individual's qualifications and experience.
Executive Account Manager
Meet Chelsea, our Executive Account Manager on the North TX team! Chelsea is an Ouachita Baptist University grad and prior to working at Hire Up she worked as a Director of Recruiting for a health care staffing agency. Chelsea has set a few goals for herself and those are to obtain her SHRM certificate and to hit a goal of $100K sales in a year! At Chelsea’s previous place of employment, her greatest accomplishment was having won AAA Texas Rookie of the Year in 2016. Chelsea loves working at Hire Up because she loves the atmosphere, and she is excited to help build the business. When she is not in the office you can find Chelsea reading some of her favorite books.