1417 Coldwell Ave Modesto, CA 95350 US
Hire Up Staffing is partnering with a well known company in Modesto, Ca looking for a DIRECT HIRE for a Safety Manager.
Hours 7:30-4 (may vary/possible weekends at times throughout the year)
Pay - $50K -75K (Negotiable RE: Experience)
Safety Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on premises or at project site locations.
- Provides project management team with guidance on health and safety and confirm project site fulfills industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management. Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and good engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to project managers.
- Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Reports the status of projects to business and market leaders.
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site project presence.
Safety Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- EPC industry experience
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Multi-tasking ability
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Comfort with time reporting systems
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current certifications in First Aid, CPR, OSHA, 30-hour
- Occupational Safety & Health degree or 5 years of experience in a safety related position. OSHA 30. Safety Certification.
Meet Whitney, Account Manager in Modesto! Whitney has been working in staffing and recruiting for a few years and has worked in various positions such as administrative recruiting, human resources, and as a recruiter. Whitney is excited to share her knowledge and grow the Modesto branch. She is excited to work at Hire Up Staffing because she loves connecting with people and making a difference in other people's lives! She was also drawn to Hire Up Staffing because she felt so many of her views and goals lined up with ours! When Whitney is not in the office you can find her wine tasting, at the spa, or trying out new foods.