5300 S. Collins Arlington, TX 76018 US
As a Senior Accountant with our government agency, you will play a key role in overseeing complex accounting activities for financial reporting and general ledger reconciliation.
This position offers opportunities for growth and comes with an excellent benefits package, including 24 days of PTO, employer-paid health and life insurance, and a pension plan.
1. Review and ensure compliance with fiscal rules and accounting policies.
2. Prepare monthly General Ledger closures.
3. Generate quarterly and year-end financial reports.
4. Collaborate with external auditors and approve audit worksheets.
5. Implement Government Accounting Standards (GASB) statements.
6. Interpret Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements.
7. Establish controls to identify financial irregularities.
8. Assist with bond issuance documents and amortization schedules.
9. Interpret complex financial information for management.
10. Contribute to the development of financial policies and procedures.
11. Assist in the preparation of Annual Budgets.
12. Handle year-end contract revenue journal entries.
13. Undertake other duties and special projects as assigned.
14. Work with minimal supervision, exercising good judgment.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (Master's preferred).
- Minimum three years of experience in governmental accounting.
- Valid Texas Driver's license.
**Knowledge and Skills**:
- Knowledge of water/wastewater financing and accounting.
- Familiarity with Lawson ERP Software and financial software.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and technical skills.
- Ability to work independently on detailed tasks.
- Effective communication skills. If you have a background in government accounting and meet these qualifications, we encourage you to APPLY TODAY for this
Senior Accountant position at 469-420-5255 or send resume to email@example.com .
Meet Kristy, Territory Director in Dallas! Kristy graduated from Texas A&M and has been working in staffing for over 11 years. Kristy worked as Regional Operations Manager and managed 7 branch offices at her previous place of employment. Prior to working in staffing, she worked in sales and marketing for various industries including print news, advertising, architecture, and engineering. One of Kristy’s goals at Hire Up Staffing is to grow and expand the market in the Dallas office and eventually become a VP! Kristy’s greatest work accomplishments at her previous place of employment was winning Branch Manager of the Year and rebuilding an office and turning it into the top billing branch. Kristy is excited to work at Hire Up because she is ready for the opportunity to work towards her goal of transitioning into professional placements. When Kristy is not in the office you can find her traveling, relaxing, or spending time with her family.