Service Mechanic III
31120 West St. , PO Box 1029 Goshen, CA 93227 US
Other Benefits/Perks include:
- $2500 signing bonus for all mechanics
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision Plan, and 401K w/ up to 4% Company Match (Medical plan is supplemented with HRA Benny card, funded by company, to pay for out of pocket medical expenses)
- Weekly pay (depending on experience/skill level)
- Vacation Pay, Sick Pay, Holiday Pay, Birthday Pay
- Company provides tools regardless of hourly base wage
Work Schedule: Tuesday-Friday, 7:30am-5:00pm and Saturday, 7:00am-4:30 pm. Work week is roughly 45 hrs. Candidate must be available to handle after hours service calls. Note there is a weekly rotation system that will be in place for this.
- Repair and maintain heavy duty transportation equipment
- Inspect brake system, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other systems/parts to ensure proper working condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as oil changes, checking batteries, lubricating equipment and machinery
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, and reassemble equipment
- Test drive trucks and heavy duty equipment to diagnose malfunctions or ensure proper working order
- Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions
- Maintain equipment and tools in good working condition, and detect and report malfunctioning equipment to management
- Responsible for mounting and dismounting truck and trailer tires
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears and valves
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, and clutches
- Rebuild gas and/or diesel engines
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- At least 5 years related experience in heavy equipment and diesel engine repair - including forklifts, trailers, loaders, trucks (freightliners), etc.
- Diagnostics experience is a HUGE plus
- Previous experience w/CNG is a plus
- Must possess a valid and current California driver's license
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
If interested and meet the qualifications, please apply on our website at Hireupss.com!
Meet Gabriela, your Recruiting Manager in the Visalia branch. Before making her way to Hire Up, Gabriela worked as a Legal Assistant for the disability office with the Social Security Administration and the IRS. She has experience with customer service working as a Front Desk Supervisor, and has banking experience. One work-related accomplishment that Gabriela is proud of was when she was invited to be part of an interview panel to determine the best Spanish-speaking candidate and interview them. The best part is that the candidate she chose was the person hired for the position. Gabriela is excited to work at Hire Up Staffing because recruiting is a brand new field in her career. She believes Hire Up will teach her how to sell and recruit, which is very important for Gabriela’s future goals. You can find Gabriela enjoying physical activities like hiking, biking, and weight training outside of the office. She likes to cook, sing, and is currently learning to play the piano.