eDiscovery Project Manager
1722 Routh Street Suite 1500 , Suite 1100 Dallas, TX 75201 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Location: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, Denver, Dallas, Austin
Employment Type: Full Time
We are a dynamic firm where individuals are deeply committed to their work, striving to uphold the highest standards of performance and success.
Role Overview: The eDiscovery Project Manager plays a pivotal role in promoting and implementing eDiscovery protocols aligned with the firm's strategic vision. This position involves collaboration with internal and external litigation support resources to ensure efficiency and profitability. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision, working closely with the eDiscovery Services team to integrate and optimize the eDiscovery function within the firm. Key responsibilities include preparing and maintaining case-level budgets, ensuring projects stay within established cost and time parameters.
- Implement consistent technology, recommended practices, and systems across offices to effectively support the litigation practice, in alignment with firm policies and business goals.
- Collaborate with the Client Services Manager to ensure legal teams utilize innovative and cost-effective technologies for efficient discovery processes.
- Provide in-depth consulting on e-discovery issues to legal teams and collaborate with client legal and IT departments to analyze and advise responses to discovery requests.
- Assist legal teams in determining appropriate internal or external litigation support applications and manage their implementation.
- Manage data transfer and storage in accordance with firm policies and best practices.
- Participate in post-project analysis to identify workflow inefficiencies and obstacles, applying quality control processes and improvements to the discovery process.
- Develop and deliver training to litigation case teams on effective document review protocol using both firm and vendor technology.
- Direct the provision of firm-wide technical assistance for various litigation software applications.
- Communicate, market, and promote the use of litigation technology, practice support services, and products supported by the firm.
- Coordinate electronic and paper document discovery, including processing, scanning, coding, review, and productions.
- Coordinate depositions, video depositions, live transcripts, and full-text searching of transcripts.
- Coordinate trial support and collaborate with the litigation department on projects.
- Troubleshoot litigation-specific software programs.
- Stay current with developments in litigation technology by participating in appropriate industry organizations.
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of professional litigation experience.
- Preferably, experience in a large law firm.
- Relativity-Certified Administrator certification preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to train on various litigation software applications.
- Experience with Technology-Assisted Review and Predictive Coding required.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Solid research skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Experience in large case project management.
- Physical capability to move boxes and furniture weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree
This position may be filled in New York, Colorado, or California. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience in accordance with applicable state laws.
In accordance with relevant state laws, the pay range for this position is:
- New York State: $104.1 - $187.3/year
- New York City: $124.9 - $187.3/year
- Colorado: $109.3 - $163.9/year
- California: $119.7 - $179.5/year
Note: These ranges are specific to the mentioned locations and may not be applicable elsewhere. Actual compensation will depend on qualifications and experience.
If you are interested, please apply or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Executive Account Manager
Meet Chelsea, our Executive Account Manager on the North TX team! Chelsea is an Ouachita Baptist University grad and prior to working at Hire Up she worked as a Director of Recruiting for a health care staffing agency. Chelsea has set a few goals for herself and those are to obtain her SHRM certificate and to hit a goal of $100K sales in a year! At Chelsea’s previous place of employment, her greatest accomplishment was having won AAA Texas Rookie of the Year in 2016. Chelsea loves working at Hire Up because she loves the atmosphere, and she is excited to help build the business. When she is not in the office you can find Chelsea reading some of her favorite books.